Wednesday, June 30, 2010

An almost epic ride ...


Unless you’ve been hiding in a dark isolated cave in the last few weeks, I’m sure you’re well aware of USA’s run at the World Cup in South Africa. I’m a futbol fan 365 days a year but the roller coaster ride I went through during USA’s almost epic run has heightened my passion for the sport on another level. We were a Bocanegra/DeMerit blink away from possible advancing to the quarterfinals and getting a soft draw vs. Uruguay. ESPN’s Colin Cowherd said it best in his morning show; we are far from being a soccer giant and at best be a 9-7 NFL team who had a good string of luck heading into the playoffs. A lot of luck definitely played a big part in USA advancing to the knockout stages considering we were down a goal after the 15th minute of every game except Algeria. Luck which finally ran out against the Ghanians. Kudos to them.

It has been more than 48 hours since the US loss and I am still devastated. The World Cup moves on and I’m putting my marbles on a Spain/Brazil final which is relative to cheering for the Colts and the Saints to make it to the Super Bowl. I would’ve much rather continued cheering for the 9-7 wild card team.






No comments:

Post a Comment